Thursday, September 22, 2011

Congratulations, Gary Christian

Gary Christian is an English professional golfer who currently plays on the Nationwide Tour.
Englishman Gary Christian calls himself a blue-collar guy. Maybe that’s why he seems to play some of his best golf in Pennsylvania.
In this article, you may find the news about Gary Christian. If you are looking for good cheap golf clubs, I would like to recommend the good Cheap R11 Driver to you.
Christian has never played on the PGA Tour in his career.
“I think it was just meant to be this week,” he said. “I kept saying to myself … it’s my time. I’ve paid my dues. That last drive stopped 6 inches short of going on the water (on No. 18), that one got chipped in, I had a couple other lucky breaks in the week. And that’s what you’ve got to have.
“I said earlier in the week sometimes you play really good and need a couple of breaks here and there, and that’s the difference between first or sixth or seventh or 10th on this tour. So, it was my week this week.”
Christian got his first big break Sunday on the par-3 14th. He pushed his tee shot, an 8-iron, to the right of the green then scuffed his second shot. But he managed to chip in for par to maintain his lead over defending champ Kevin Kisner and John Mallinger, who were both playing in his group.
He came to No. 18 with a two-shot lead on both Kisner and Mallinger after Mallinger bogeyed 17. All three players hit their drives in the rough to the right, and Christian’s drive came to rest just inches from a creek.
Both Kisner and Mallinger hit poor approaches that came up short of the green, while Christian got his ball out cleanly. His shot landed just off the green to the right, and with both Kisner and Mallinger without hope of a birdie, Christian needed only to get in the hole in three shots or less.
Hit chipped to within 4 feet, then left his par putt just a fraction short. It didn’t matter. His tap-in bogey gave him the one-shot victory.
“I seemed to have perfect yardages on every hole,” he said. “Sometimes when it’s not meant to be, you’re always in between clubs and always trying to manufacture something.
“I’m biting my lip a little bit and I might be struggling. I’m not usually at a loss for words, but this might be one of those rare occasions,” Christian said. “It’s like a dream come true.”
This article is from okgolfsales.blogspot.com. Also, we recommend TaylorMade R11 Irons and R11 Driver to you.

No comments: