Friday, September 23, 2011

Phil Mickelson’s Old Putter might be on the way out

The longer putters have been getting more attention this year, especially after Keegan Bradley became the first player to win a major with one at the PGA Championship.
Phil Mickelson is one of the best golfers; Mickelson leaning toward using belly putter is big news at TPC Boston.
In this article, I would like to talk something about Phil Mickelson and belly putter. If you are looking for good and cheap golf clubs, I would like to recommend the good Cheap R11 Driver to you.
“Yeah, it is funny,” Mickelson said. “You can always learn, and he putts it extremely well, and it rolls so nicely off the face.”
It didn’t work out for him during the pro-am when Mickelson took 34 putts, including 18 on his opening nine.
“I was a little shady with it on the front nine, but a little bit better with it on the back,” he said. “Look, I don’t mind trying new things. I’ve hit two drivers and no drivers, and I don’t mind trying something different. We’ll see.”
One week later, he is willing to try it in the second FedExCup playoff event. Mickelson dropped five spots to No. 11 in the standings. The idea is to at least get into the top five before the Tour Championship at the end of the month as he tries to win the FedExCup and the $10 million prize for the first time.
Plus, he won the Deutsche Bank Championship in 2007 and considers the TPC Boston “one of my favorite courses we play all year.” The third playoff event is at Cog Hill, one of his least favorite courses.
Mickelson has not been among the top 50 in the tour’s new “Strokes Gained” putting statistic since 2006.
Johnson said he would have to see Lefty holding a belly putter to believe it.
“Is he using a belly right now? I doubt he’ll putt with it,” Johnson said. “But as good as the guys that are using bellies are putting right now, I’ve thought about it. So it certainly doesn’t surprise me.”
This article is from Golfsales365.com, I would recommend the good R11 Driver for sale to you! The TaylorMade R11 Irons and TaylorMade R11 Driver are both good golf clubs for most golfers!

No comments: