Sunday, September 25, 2011

Family Is Important for Laura Diaz

Laura Diaz is an American professional golfer; she thinks family is more important than golf!
In this article, you may find the news about Laura Diaz. If you are looking for good discount golf clubs, I would like to recommend the good TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons to you.
The 36-year-old from Scotia, New York, shot a first-round, 4-over-par 76 on Thursday, leaving her tied for 137th. With two bogeys on the front nine then a birdie, bogey and double bogey on Nos. 15-17, she’s in a hole deeper than a Scottish bunker, only the top 70 plus ties in the field of 155 making the weekend cut after Friday’s second round.
Diaz’s husband, Kevin, arrived late at Summerlea in ’02. Not this weekend – as he has done since the birth of the couple’s son, he is on Diaz’s bag, replacing divots and cleaning clubfaces while dispensing advice and offering a shoulder in equal parts.
Their children are familiar with Tour travel, but Cooper’s start in school this week and a three-hour change in time zones from last weekend’s event in Oregon made it more practical for them to skip Montreal.
“We’re big on Skype,” Diaz said of the Internet’s popular video-conferencing program.
She is probably not alone in that regard. According to the LPGA, Diaz is one of 14 mothers entered in the Canadian Open, their 19 children ranging from infancy to age 20.
“It’s hard, missing Cooper’s first day of kindergarten,” Diaz said of her son, who’s torn between his love of swinging a club, mooching clubhouse candy and tooling around in a golf cart. “But at the same time, everybody has to go to work and do what they can to provide for their family. This is what we’ve chosen to do, so we make the best of it.
“I’m blessed that we have my parents, who are my kids’ second parents, to be able to do what we do, Kevin working with me as a team out here. If we choose to leave the kids at home, they’re with two people who love them, if possible, more than we do.”
Family has changed everything for Diaz, a superb collegiate player out of Wake Forest who has earned $5.1 million as a pro and four times represented the U.S. in the Solheim Cup.
“For me, it’s changed because I have kids. It’s a totally different world for me than it was when we last spoke. Back then, I didn’t even think I wanted children. Clearly, that’s changed.”
“I just hope I can continue to maintain the balance to do what I love, for as long as I can do it.”
Thanks for reading my article, I would like to recommend the Ping G20 Fairway Wood and Ping G15 Driver to you!

No comments: