Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Will McIlroy Ready for Hong Kong Open

On 19 June 2011, McIlroy won the U.S. Open Championship. He has been cited as the most exciting young prospect in golf and having the potential to become one of the highest earners in sports in terms of endorsements. What next for him? More and more golf fans would want to this answer.

Today, some golf reporter said U.S Open champion Rory McIlroy will headline the field at the Hong Kong Open in December, the Asian Tour announced on Friday. Is it real?

In this article, I would like to talk something about the latest golf news about Rory McIlroy. If you want to know more golf clubs review or news about Rory McIlroy, you may read this article about Ping G15 Irons for sale in my blog.

McIlroy, who won his first major at the Congressional Country Club by an impressive eight-shot margin on Sunday, is looking forward to returning to one of his “favourite tournaments,” which is co-sanctioned by the Asian and European Tours.

The Northern Irishman will be looking to improve on his sixth-place finish in last year’s $2.5 million event to be held at Fanling from Dec 1-4. “It will be very special to be announced on the first tee as the U.S. Open Champion,” said the 22-year-old in a statement on Friday. “Hopefully I can bring some of that Congressional form to Hong Kong and give the fans a great show.

World number 10 McIlroy carded eight birdies and one bogey in his round while McDowell, now one place above his compatriot in the world rankings, registered six birdies and a bogey in his 65.

After his round, McIlroy said he was very happy with his start. “I got off to a really nice start as I was three under after my first nine holes and although I missed some birdie chances I was happy to bounce back and finish with a good birdie on the ninth,” said the Holywood player.

“It is such an amazing city with a very special energy and every time I go there I just love the place,” he added.

“There are always courses that you particularly like, and this is one of those for me, so if I keep playing the same way I should have a very good chance of winning this title,” added McIlroy.

McDowell was happy with the “very solid start” that he made. “I played really well and missed only one green – I’m feeling good about my game.

This article is from Golfsales365.com, I would also recommend good Ping golf - Ping G15 Irons (also known as the G15 Irons) you!

No comments: