Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jim Furyk Is Look to Play Himself Back into Form

Jim Furyk Is Look to Play Himself Back into Form


Jim Furyk is an American professional golfer, 2010 FedEx Cup champion, and 2010 PGA Tour Player of the Year. In September 2006 he reached a career high of second in the Official World Golf Rankings. He ranked in the top-10 for over 350 weeks between 1999 and 2010.

The 41-year-old missed the halfway cut at last week’s US Open – an event he won in 2003 – and has managed only two top-10s all season. Do you know Jim Furyk won the 2001 U.S. Open?

When Jim Furyk won the U.S. Open championship at Olympia Fields in 2003, his winning score was 8-under-par 272. In this article, you may find the latest golf news about Jim Furyk. If you are looking to buy good golf clubs or read golf clubs review, I would like to recommend the good Callaway golf - Callaway Diablo EDGE Fairway Wood to you!

Furyk is known for consistently playing at the top level and for a visibly unconventional, looping golf swing. Due to his ability to perform at such a high level despite that swing, his devoted fan base has given him the nicknames “The Grinder” and “The Businessman”. This week he will be in the field at the Travelers Championship in Connecticut at a time he would ordinarily be looking to fine-tune his game in private ahead of the season’s third major.

However, Furyk believes continued competitive action could be the key to him rediscovering his best form ahead of Sandwich. “I have played well here at times,” he stated. When we are not playing well, you have to keep playing.

“You can’t go home and practice and get better. You need tournament conditions. I feel this is the best event for my game and the best event already not in my schedule.”

Having slipped down to 19 in the latest round of world rankings, Furyk concedes he has much to work on in his game at present. “The strength of my game is 100 yards in,” he continued.

“I don’t feel like I did anything all that wrong last week at the US Open. I don’t feel by any means I should have missed the cut, but I’m not scoring well enough.” Another individual eager for playing time is Geoff Ogilvy as he continues his comeback from a shoulder problem suffered before the Masters. He still managed a tie for fourth at Augusta but has struggled due to the problem since then.

“There were tournaments I have missed that I really like,” Ogilvy told the Middletown Press. “Ultimately, it is frustrating really, just watching these golf tournaments on TV. Normally I play a lot through the US Open but I’ve hardly played, so I’m desperate to play.”

This article is form http://okgolfsales.blogspot.com! If you want to know more features of diablo edge fairway wood, you may read this Callaway Diablo EDGE Fairway Wood review in my blog.

No comments: