Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rory McIlroy’ Fame and Pressure

Rory McIlroy’ Fame and Pressure

Rory McIlroy is a professional golfer from Holywood, Northern Ireland. On 19 June 2011, he won the U.S. Open, then, he has been cited as the most exciting young prospect in golf and having the potential to become one of the highest earners in sports in terms of endorsements.
The 2011 professional golf season has been a very difficult one to predict. Tiger Woods had a rough start before being injured, although he had a promising showing at the Masters. It seems likely that he won’t be back before the British Open, meaning he will miss at least two majors this year. A comeback in time for the British Open would be miraculous.
In this article, I would like to talk something about Rory McIlroy’ fame and pressure. If you are looking for good golf clubs, I would like to recommend the good Ping K15 Driver for sale (also known as the K15 Driver) to you!
Pressure is expressed as a grin and an easy manner. With the first major title win, the stress is off, not on: “It means that every time I come into a press conference or do an interview I don’t have to answer that question, whereas a lot of guys still do, you know. So it has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I can talk about winning my second one after having won the first.”
Fame’s centrifugal force has thrown him around for three weeks but it was all part of a plan, he wants us to know. The morning after Congressional he flew to Cape Cod for a sponsor’s gig, then made a VIP airport dash to London for a quiz show before collapsing through his front door to give his smile a much-needed rest.
For a player of his gifts, the shock of the anointment is more easily absorbed than it would be for, say, Ben Curtis, the unknown rookie who raised the Claret Jug here in 2003.
“I didn’t realise how much of a fuss it would create or how much of a buzz,” McIlroy said, but this is not the lament of the lad whose privacy has been stolen, whose youth has been annexed: “I’m the sort of person who likes to have people watching. I like to have a little bit of a buzz in the atmosphere around the group, and I’ll enjoy it. It’s nice to be the centre of attention.
“It’s quite hard to stay anonymous these days,” he admitted. “It’s not a bad thing. If that’s the worst thing I’m complaining about, then I’m doing something right.”
Unless he wins this Open by five strokes the fizz should start to subside. There are, though, several unique factors to keep the bubbles rising, starting with the speed of his recovery from last-day collapse at the Masters to four-day pageant at the US Open: an improbably fast reordering which allowed him to parade sport’s oldest storyline, that of redemption.
“If anything it just gives me more confidence knowing I can do it, when I step on to the first tee of a major, that I’ve done this before. My mentality should be exactly the same. If I can bottle the mentality I had at the US Open going into every tournament I’d be very happy.
Thanks for reading my article, if you want to know more Ping K15 irons, you may visit http://okgolfsales.com.


More Articles:

Tiger Not Concentrate Fully Restored

No comments: