Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yani Tseng Won Women’s British Open

Yani Tseng won the Women’s British Open on Sunday to rack up her fifth major title at the age of 22, an achievement unparalleled by any golfer before her. It is exciting time, isn’t it?
Yani Tseng is a Taiwanese professional golfer currently playing on the LPGA Tour. She is the youngest player ever, male or female, to win five major championships and is currently ranked number 1 in the Women’s World Golf Rankings. In this article, you may find the news about Yani Tseng’s latest victory! If you are looking to purchase good golf clubs, I would like to recommend the Mizuno golf - MX 700 driver to you!
The Taiwanese world number one shot a final round 69 at Carnoustie. Having trailed leader Caroline Masson by two strokes overnight, she finished four strokes ahead of Brittany Lang.
While Tseng became the first woman to defend the title since America’s Sherri Steinhauer in 1999, Masson, who may like the Mizuno mp 62 irons, was left to reflect on a heartbreaking last day as her dreams of glory vanished in a flurry of bogeys.
They came at the second, third, seventh, 10th, 11th and 15th holes, while a double bogey at the par-four 12 had her slumping to eight over for the round, though she climbed back up the leaderboard with birdies on the last two holes.
Tseng, who earned a first prize of £239047, said: “It feels really good. I played so consistently today and I enjoyed the crowd here.
“It’s so great making history on this golf course and I feel wonderful right now. It’s an honour to win the British Open again. I think I feel much more comfortable this year rather than last year and I have been learning from my mistakes.
“I hope to keep winning. Next year there are another four majors and I will try and organize and keep working hard.”
Regarding Masson’s troubles she added: “She will learn from her mistakes, every great player goes through that. It’s not a big deal. You try your best and I’ve lost lots of times too.”
This article is from Golfsales365.com. If you are looking for some golf clubs review, you may read this article about Mizuno Mp 58 irons Review in my blog.

No comments: